Service Industry Recovery Child Care (SIR)
- Parent’s Employer must be in one of the following three service industries:
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Retail Trade
- Children must be 13 and under, or under 19 if disabled.
- Children must have legal citizenship or immigration status.
- Parent must require child care to work.
- Child care must be provided by a provider contracted with or willing to become contracted with the child care services program.
- Family’s gross income (Before taxes and deductions) must fall below 75% of state median income.
– Additional Info –
In order to address the impacts of COVID-19 and to support Texas’ continued economic recovery, on June 29, 2021, the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) approved funding to support a new child care program to help workers in TWC-specified service industries.
To qualify for SIR child care, at least one parent must be currently employed or entering employment in one of the following TWC-specified service industries:
State income eligibility requirements apply.